M-61 Hydraboost Eye Serum

Here is my review of the M-61 by Bluemercury Hydraboost Eye Serum.  As I am in my mid-thirties, I have noticed gradual, unfortunately undesirable, changes in my under-eye area - the skin has become drier and more prone to the development of fine lines.  I was first introduced to the M-61 Hydraboost Eye Serum when I received one as a deluxe sample in one of my Bluemercury orders.

M-61 Powerful Skincare is a brand created by the co-founder of Bluemercury and prides itself on combining powerful skincare ingredients without incorporating any parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

As described on the Bluemercury website, this eye serum "combines a trio of multi-action peptides to help improve the appearance of the eye area and reduce the appearance of fine lines, under-eye circles, and puffiness."  It contains aloe and centella asiatica for calming, licorice for brightening, and Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) and hyaluronic acid for moisturizing.

Hyaluronic acid is a glycosaminoglycan, which is a natural carbohydrate, present in our skin and joints.  Hyaluronic acid is an amazing skin hydrator due to its ability to retain moisture - it can hold nearly 1000 times its weight in water!  As we get older, our skin is more susceptible to dehydration as it loses water more easily.  When hyaluronic acid is absorbed into the skin it helps your skin to hold onto moisture, plumping and hydrating the surface layer of the skin.


I have been using this eye serum at night-time, under my usual eye cream.  A very small amount of this gel-like eye serum goes a very long way.  It absorbs very quickly as you tap it into your under eye area.  This eye serum has definitely provided my eye area with much needed extra hydration.  My fine lines have decreased and my under eye area is more bouncy and plump.  I have not encountered any milia and my sensitive eyes have not had any issues with this product.  I highly recommend this for anyone battling under eye dryness or fine lines.

This product sells for $72 for 0.5 fluid ounces on bluemercury.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troiareuke ACSEN A+ Cushion

All About AHAs - Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water by Wishtrend