Troiareuke ACSEN A+ Cushion

Troiareuke is a Korean professional prescription skincare brand that is very popular in the K-beauty world.  Troiareuke is founded upon the idea that a "personalized skincare prescription gives the best solution for different skin types and skin disorders."  Their products are also used by skincare professionals and aestheticians in over 5,000 beauty spas, primarily in Korea and Hong Kong.  Combining their various products, Troiareuke recommends specific "skin recipes" for each skin type and concern.

Troiareuke has also come out with three cushion products - the Troipeel H+ cushion, the Seoul Aesthetic cushion, and the ASCEN A+ cushion, all of which are composed of 99% skin care and only 1% makeup!  In this blog, I will be reviewing the Troiareuke ACSEN A+ cushion.


The Troiareuke ACSEN line (ACSEN stands for ACne + SENsitive) is formulated for sensitive and acne-prone skin.  The ACSEN line features ingredients such as centella asiatica that helps to restore damaged skin, as well as Selemix AN, which is a combination of soybean extract and magnolia tree bark that controls and improves inflammation related to acne.  

The Troiareuke ACSEN A+ Cushion claims to be anti-aging and whitening/brightening, while also providing sebum-control.  Along with the centella asiatica and Selemix AN, this product also contains amazing ingredients such as tea tree extract, calendula flower water, and niacinamide.  It has SPF 50 PA+++ for great sun protection.

This cushion has a "mochi-type" delivery sponge.  This is supposed to help keep the product fresh and control how much product is dispensed each time you press your puff into it.  The puff that comes with this cushion is of good quality - thick and durable (each cushion actually comes with two puffs).


In the photo above, I have applied one layer of the cushion to the half of my hand closest to my thumb.  My skin is quite thin and you can see how the cushion covers the visible vessels and evens out the skin tone in comparison to the other half of my hand that does not have any product applied.

As you can see, the coverage of this cushion is surprisingly good - it is medium to full coverage and does an amazing job with covering any hyper-pigmentation and redness.  It blends out easily with the puff.  I do typically apply powder to set this product, however it is not a must as the finish is very natural - not too dewy, not too matte.  Despite the high coverage, it still feels light-weight and comfortable on the skin.

I work quite long hours, usually around 12 hours or so, and this cushion lasts very well.  I have combination skin with a T-zone that is very oily.  After about 6 hours of wear with this cushion, I did start to see some breakdown of the product around my nose, however honestly since I do not usually touch up at work, regardless of what cushion or BB/CC cream that I use, I always have some breakdown around that area.  Other than that, this cushion held up very well - the area on my cheeks looked nearly unchanged from when I first applied it, it did not settle in the fine lines around my eyes, and the often problematic area around my chin did not develop any patchiness.  Considering how long I wear this cushion, I was very impressed with it's staying power.

The main issue with this product is that it comes in only one shade!  I have a fair skin tone (with Korean products I usually use shade No. 21) and the shade of this product is a very close match for my skin.  It is just a tad darker than my typical products (it is described as being similar to shade No. 23), but after adding my usual concealer and powder, it is quite a good match for me.  That being said, unfortunately this shade is not going to work for everyone.  With Western brands focusing on developing makeup that is accessible to all skin tones and skin types (Fenty Beauty's foundation is available in 40 shades!), I hope that Troiareuke will come out with more shades so more skin care and make up lovers can use this amazing product.

The Troiareuke A+ Cushion is available on Amazon for $38 for 13g (1 cushion and 2 cushion puffs). This cushion does come with slightly less volume of product than several other well-known cushions - the Missha M Magic cushion is 15g, YSL Touche Eclat cushion is 15g, Missha Original Tension pact is 14g, so you may notice that this cushion runs out a little more quickly than your other cushions.

Overall, I continue to really enjoy this cushion and I love the idea that it is a product that performs so well while containing ingredients that are 99% skin care and only 1% makeup.  If you have fair, combination or sensitive skin, I would highly recommend this product!

Let me know if you have tried any other Troiareuke products!  

http://mk-corp.co.kr/en/brand/troiareuke/
https://www.amazon.com/TROIAREUKE-Cushion-SPF50-Troiareuke-Sensitive/dp/B00SAZHY2E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M-61 Hydraboost Eye Serum

All About AHAs - Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water by Wishtrend