Sheet Mask Update!

Here's my review of a few of the sheet masks that I've used recently!


Rose Gold 24 Mask (by 23 Years Old)
~ This mask claims to be "the best solution to help your dry skin problems."
~ It is "formulated with rose water, rose oil, and gold for a gently hydrating complex."  This mask also contains centella asiatica extract, chamomile flower, and tea tree leaf oil, which are great to reduce inflammation.  
~ After cleansing, apply this mask for 10-20 minutes.
~ This mask is a custom "full sheet" mask, which was unique in that it also covers your lips!  There are the usual openings cut for your eyes and a small slit cut for your nostrils, however there is no opening cut for your mouth!  It did take a few seconds to get used to the sensation of the mask over my lips, but in the end I really liked it and appreciated that my lips, which are always very dry, were also able to benefit from the great ingredients in this mask.  
~ This mask definitely has a strong rose scent, which I really love but if you don't like strongly fragranced products, you may want to avoid this.  In each package there is a lot of essence, perfect to use on your neck and chest - there actually was so much essence that I even used it over my arms and hands.  This sheet mask is soft but very thick so while it feels luxurious on your face, the thickness of the sheet made it difficult for the mask to adhere to my face.  You definitely will need to lie down and relax while doing this mask - if you try to walk around, this mask will slip off.  After using this mask, my skin felt plump and moisturized.  I was pleased that the essence absorbed very well and did not leave any sticky residue - the ability for the essence to be well-absorbed is one of the most important qualities that I look for in sheet masks.  Overall I really liked this mask and while I have not repurchased it, it is one that I would consider repurchasing in the future!
~ This mask is $6 for one sheet on wishtrend.com

Sephora Pearl Face Mask 
~ This mask claims to "perfect and brighten the skin." 
~ It is formulated with natural origin white pearl, which works to even out skin tone, as well as aloe leaf juice, mushroom extract, and broccoli sprout extract. 
~ After cleansing, apply this mask for 15 minutes.  
~ This sheet mask is made of natural lyocell fibers, which is an "ultra fine textile base that hugs the face's contours like a second skin."  In contrast to the very thick Rose Gold 24 mask above, this mask is extremely thin and definitely adheres well to the skin - it feels very secure and does not slide down your face.  
~ This mask has a powdery fresh scent - not my favorite fragrance, but still pleasant.  After using this mask, my skin was brighter and felt very smooth.  The excess essence also absorbed easily and completely.  I did not have any complaints with this mask, however as there are many great sheet masks formulated with pearl powder for brightening, including the much more affordable ones from Missha and TonyMoly, I don't think I will be repurchasing this mask.  
~ This mask is $6 for one sheet on sephora.com

Hello Kitty Repair 3D Character Mask Pack - Anti-Wrinkle 
~ I honestly did not have very high expectations for this mask - the packaging is adorable and it claims to hydrate and moisturize, however I doubted the quality of the mask itself.  This mask exceeded all of my expectations and is one of my unexpected favorite skin care products!  I was so surprised at the amazing skin care ingredients that this mask contains - it has hydrolyzed collagen, aloe leaf juice, ginseng root extract, centella asiatica, shea butter extract, and mushroom extract!  
- After cleansing, apply this mask for 10-20 minutes.  
- Yes, you will have a Hello Kitty print on your face for 10-20 minutes - my husband's face when I came out with this mask on was priceless.  But in all seriousness, this mask adheres well to the skin and has SO much essence, you will have enough to use for another mask if you have a plain mask sheet available.  This essence absorbs very well - my skin loved this essence and felt so soft and plump after this mask.  I was very impressed with this mask and highly recommend it.  The only downside is that this sheet mask is hard to find online - I have repurchased this on Ebay and am always on the lookout for more!  
~ This mask is $16.95 for 5 sheets on eBay.com

Happy sheet masking!  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troiareuke ACSEN A+ Cushion

M-61 Hydraboost Eye Serum

All About AHAs - Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water by Wishtrend