Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil

The Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil has been one of the most talked about oil products in the past several years.  As someone with combination/oily skin, I was very hesitant about applying an oil to my skin, however after doing some research, I decided to give it a try and my skin is so glad that I did.  I have used this product for about three years and it is one of my "holy grail" products.  Face oils typically sit on the surface of the skin, focusing on repairing the topmost layer of the skin and promoting the absorption of other water-based skin care products applied beneath it.


The Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil is described as a "next-generation retinol oil that boosts the look and feel of skin plumpness, while improving the appearance of wrinkles, redness, and pores for visibly younger-looking skin."

It contains hydroxypinacolone retinoate, which is the trans-retinol ester of retinoic acid and is gentler and less irritating than many other retinoid products available.  The Luna Sleeping Oil is a great product to try if you are just starting to use retinoids.  Retinoids are a group of chemical compounds derived from vitamin A, which have been shown to boost cell turnover and collagen production, thus improving fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration.  Vitamin A is one of the few ingredients that have been accepted by the FDA as an anti-aging ingredient.

The Luna Sleeping Oil is a thick oil - it is not one that quickly absorbs completely into the skin. It is applied as the last step in your night-time skin care routine and does still feel oily when you go to bed.  That being said, don't worry, the blue color does quickly disappear as you apply it.  Also a little goes a very long way - I typically use about 3 drops for my entire face.  It has quite a strong herbal, earthy scent, which I think I have gotten used to to over the several years that I've been using it.  I know many people do not like the scent, but to me, it is soothing and not off-putting at all.  After using this several times a week for about three years, I can say that I have seen a difference in the texture of my skin - it has become smoother and my complexion brighter.  If you are a regular retinoid product user, this product may not have as significant results - of note, this is the only retinoid product that I have incorporated into my skincare regimen.  It is a product that I highly recommend!  This is available at sephora.com for 0.5oz for $55.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troiareuke ACSEN A+ Cushion

M-61 Hydraboost Eye Serum

All About AHAs - Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water by Wishtrend